Professional Learning - HRD
FDLRS Human Resources Development (HRD) function personnel collaboratively plan and provide information, training, technical assistance/consultation and resources related to effective instructional strategies and models for the education of children and youth who are exceptional and/or have unique needs based on locally assessed needs and established priorities.
HRD services include needs assessments and personnel development with multi-level professional development activities.
Sampling of Services offered by FDLRS PAEC Personnel:
Classroom Observations and Demonstrations
Discipline in the Secondary Classroom
Instructional Modalities/ Learning Styles
Matrix of Services
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
Transition (Middle/Secondary Levels)
Resources for Teachers click on titles to access websites and resources
- CPALMS - State of Florida’s official source for standards information and course descriptions
- Florida Department of Education Website - Subscribe to the Florida Department of Education Website
Enter your email in the space directly below the Welcome message to stay connected and receive up-to-date bureau information.
- Exploring Florida - A Social Studies resource
- Florida Literacy Coalition - Assorted reading and language arts resources
Resources for Parents
- ESE Eligibility - The Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services supports school districts and others in their efforts to provide exceptional student education programs for students ages 3 – 21 who have disabilities and students who are gifted. Each school district is responsible for providing services to students who are eligible for exceptional student education (ESE) programs.
- Exceptional Student Education - The Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services administers programs for students with disabilities. Additionally, the bureau coordinates student services throughout the state and participates in multiple inter-agency efforts designed to strengthen the quality and variety of services available to students with special needs.